Friday, February 23, 2007

My Family Background ....


I was born and brought up in a traditional family in Mulanthuruthy village near Cochin. My father is a merchant and mother is a housewife. Even though we were dealing with coconut, areca nut, black pepper and other hill products our main activity was coconut buying, processing and selling copra to oil mills in Mattanchery/ Cherthalai. This was a home based small scale business which requires high level of hard work and physical labour. Coconut loading and unloading, de-husking, drying in daylight and dryer house, de-shelling etc. requires large amount of patience and hard work and there was no mechanisation available at that time. This is one of the factors which inspired me for hard working and timely completion of assigned jobs from my schooldays itself.

No comments: